I lost a client on the Christmas Day!

Jan 10 '20 Advincula 4396 clicks share

I just lost a client on the Christmas Day.

I'm a social media manager that's why Im required to report everyday. So I asked if I could spend my time with my family. He insisted and said he cannot work with me. Hahaha. I'm sorry but the reason why I entered freelancing is because I have to spend more time with my family especially my 4 months old baby. I felt bad because he cannot understand. Wala atang Christmas hahaha kulang sa aruga. Anyway, advice ko lang never choose work over your family.

56 Replies

I feel you. I experienced that years ago

He's a bad business owner. Regardless if he celebrates Christmas or not, it's the Holidays! Anyway, just what Ford said, "A business that only makes money is a poor business." Not your loss, you made the wisest decision. 😊

Swerte ko sa client ko sa onlinejob xa pa ng insist na magleave ako for holidays kea aun 2 weeks akong leave with pay 😍

True!! Kaya ako nasa bahay ay para alagaan ang anak. Sumunod nalang ang pag-freelancing. Kung ang freelancing projects ko ang magiging dahilan para di ko magawa ung pinaka reason kung bakit ako nasa bahay, eh d bye bye client πŸ˜† We should know our top priority πŸ™ƒ

We work homebase because we want to have income as well as to look after and be with our love ones. Yung clients parang dating kung Hindi match at walang understanding Hindi tlaga magwowork. Importante yung we know we deliver good result for their business and they also understand that we priorities our family especially on holidays.

I'm still on the process of learning the Freelancers industry super hirap mag switch from BPO world to Freelance world, pero i think you made the right decision to leave the project with him. Remember, you are partners so dapat give and take. Hindi tayo robot. They should also respect Philippine Holidays.

That's so inconsiderate. Naka chamba ka ng client na kulang sa aruga. Well, makakahanap ka din ng mabait, considerate na client soon.

I also had to work until the 24th. Yun ay para maximized ang kikitain ko, kasi ang next na shift is on the 2nd of January pa. So 1 week's worth na sahod ang mawawala sa akin by next cut off. Malaking aray! Kaya tiis-tiis lang. Saka nakatulong pa rin akong mag-ayos for the Noche Buena from time to time kahit papano. 😁 Like the others have said, inistrategize mo lang sana. Hindi ka naman 24 hours na nagwowork siguro? Unless that client was shitty anyway. πŸ˜‰

I have 3 clients now and i seldom take a leave so nag pa alam na ako for 24-25 and 31-1 all were happy to approve my request and said enjoy πŸ˜‰

Totally agree. Plus when you have positioning locked and loaded, you'll NEVER ever work with clients that aren't congruent to you.

YOU WILL ALWAYS, ALWAYS HAVE A PICK and the upper hand. And they'd be glad that you do. These clients trust your expertise so no small-potato headaches that come with low-end clients.

You made the right choice Thara, Merry Christmas!

Thank you for the kind words. New year and christmas spread the love! More clients more fun! But remember money is important but time di na mababalik yun. ❀️

Did you ask for a holiday leave in advance? Depende din kasi sa nature ng work mo yan eh.. Kung alam na natin strict si client sa leaves, dapat wayyyy in advance tayo magsasabi. Totoo naman na family first. I have 2 kids din. Pero syempre mahirap din mawalan ng work ng biglaan. Kailangan lang natin planuhin in advance ang mga diskarte natin. Kung way in advance ang paalam at d pumayag si client, may chance tayo to propose an alternative sa kanila like advanced work etc. Kung halimbawa tipong 2 weeks notice na nga hindi pa din pumayag si client, yun ang unfair. Pero pag tayo ang walang warning magpaalam kay client, maski Pasko pa yan, tayo ang unfair.

Family first. May mga milestones na hindi mo maaachive nang wala ka sa tabi ng baby mo. Money can be earned. Yung time di mo na maibabalik yan.

Your client's loss!πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Glad for you! Cooperation is based on respect for each other.πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

completely understandable