9 years ago I left corporate to start freelancing

Feb 16 '20 Irish123 4066 clicks share

Once upon a time, I left corporate to start freelancing. This was 9 years ago. I was broke, and had an old 2nd hand laptop. My husband then had no job.

Unfortunately the laptop which was our bread & butter broke down. I came to this person who was supposed to be the only person I could run to to ask for help. She had a laptop in almost new condition which she was barely using anyway. I asked her if I could borrow it and told her my dilemma.

Unfortunately, she smirked & gave me the face. She doesn't want me to touch her laptop. She knew my online job then was our only source of income. But she never bothered to help.

Fast forward to today, this person is coming to me for help on how she can transition from full time teaching to freelancing. Looks like she has totally forgotten the incident.

A classic example of the saying that goes, "if you were absent in my struggles, don't expect to be there during my success".

If it were you, turuan nu ba?

By the way, this person is blood related.

55 Replies

I say, just give them directions, but let them do their own "driving".. So they appreciate how it is to start from scratch..

If I were you, I'll still help her, cuz I'm better than her. Kindness is the best revenge. Di nya aaminin pero maaalala nya na naging bitch sya sa ginawa nya sayo thru your kindness.

Freelancing was a somewhat "unknown" source of income back then anyone would be reluctant to lend you their hard earned item for the purpose of something they arent sure of. Its up to you. All i can say is its hard for a person to carry a grudge, much more if youre carrying a grudge against family. I would say you should just forget about the incident 9 years ago and move forward. Now concerning helping her its really up to you and what kind of help she needs. All i can say is give her a spoon but dont feed her with it.

Yes. Always be kind, no matter what. God has made you successful despite all hurdles you’ve been through. The world needs more good people 😊

As long as willing ka to help. You can set a side whatever happened back then, kung kaya mo. Pero if not, take your time. And, pray na mawala na yun sama ng loob mo.

It is best to Help her. Do what is right and give her a smirk 😏 but teach her a lesson that sharing is caring.

Don't help! There are too many of those kinds of people. I've been a victim of them and I'm sure I've victimized people too whether knowingly or not out of spite.

The best way is really to remind them and then distance yourself. If you really must then offer to treat the person out for a meal. Breaking bread together can be a soothing experience for you but don't give in too much because believe me, THEY HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN THAT TIME.

It's better to help another person you don't know rather than someone you know or are related to but turned you down.

Yes. I will. I will never do what she did because it hurt me before. She never forgets it. Never. She knows you have a good heart kaya lumapit pa rin cya sayo kahit alam niyang she ignored you when you were in her situation.

I'd say be the better person, you only live once.. you'll feel better once you let go all of that negative feelings and forgive that person.

been there , done that. be the bigger person, and hope she/he is human to accept and change her ways. people need this. our world is full of negativity, break the cycle.

Always be a blessing to others.

Just provide her with the starter pack knowledge re freelancing. Pag madiskarte sya, she doesn't even need to ask for info na. Me Google and YouTube to help her. Pag gumanti ka, ano pinagkaiba mo sa knya? Sharing some info to her wouldn't hurt you and consider it as a way of giving back to freelancing community. Even though me Hindi ka magandang experience sa knya before, look at you now! You have surpassed all the struggles. You made it this far, so aminin mo man o hindi ung pag turn down nya sa u dati Isa un sa mga dahilan that brings you to where you are today. God bless you madam.

I'd help this person if I can. In the end, you wouldn't want to turn out to be the same person that she was when you needed her help. :) Masarap matulog when you have peace of mind. But if the memory is still fresh and it gets in the way of you helping her, talk about it maybe before giving her what she needs.

Expectations breed disappointment. It was her laptop so it was her choice not to share and despite your struggles you shouldn't have expected her to lend it to you. Despite that, I agree with helping her by giving her the resources to do her own research and outreach. I wouldn't help her with a job offer or hand holding since she didn't go out of her way too help you in the past. Help her help herself lol.

Like, "Oh kailangan mo nang tulong? Here's a YOUTUBE video and an article that helped me a lot. Study that. BYE."

Hep her no matter what happened. "Ang nagbibigay ay mananatiling busog." 2 Corinthians 9:6-8

Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.