9 years ago I left corporate to start freelancing

Feb 16 '20 Irish123 3998 clicks share

Once upon a time, I left corporate to start freelancing. This was 9 years ago. I was broke, and had an old 2nd hand laptop. My husband then had no job.

Unfortunately the laptop which was our bread & butter broke down. I came to this person who was supposed to be the only person I could run to to ask for help. She had a laptop in almost new condition which she was barely using anyway. I asked her if I could borrow it and told her my dilemma.

Unfortunately, she smirked & gave me the face. She doesn't want me to touch her laptop. She knew my online job then was our only source of income. But she never bothered to help.

Fast forward to today, this person is coming to me for help on how she can transition from full time teaching to freelancing. Looks like she has totally forgotten the incident.

A classic example of the saying that goes, "if you were absent in my struggles, don't expect to be there during my success".

If it were you, turuan nu ba?

By the way, this person is blood related.

55 Replies

I can only imagine what you have gone through. If I were you, I would have felt very disappointed. She didn't help you but look at your state today. That means God did help you in His own miraculous way. Now, she needs help, and God is choosing you as an instrument. God will reward you more than you can imagine if you do the right thing. ♥️♥️♥️

maybe what I'll do is just give her some links she can check then that's it. I did that 😁😁✌✌✌

Maybe you need to open up to this person first sis since nabasa ko naman sa previous comment mo kung ano yung relationship mo sa kanya which is ayoko ng banggitin to avoid unnecessary comments. I think by telling her na nasaktan ka talaga sa ginawa niya before, it will be easier for you to forgive or forget her previous shortcomings. In that way, magiging bukal na sa kalooban mo yung pagtulong mo sa kanya. Malay mo eto rin yung paraan para mas maging okay yung relationship niyo at be happy na rin kasi naging inspiration ka sa kanya to pursue freelancing 😊 I believe that we should always practice being kind to other people no matter what the situation is. The more we do good, the more blessings that we'll receive. Hope you'll be okay sis 💖

Let bygones be bygones. Extend help regardless of what she did to you in the past. Sabi nga nila mas mabuti ng ikaw ang tumulong kesa ikaw ang tulungan. Just consider it as a blessing na nakatulong ka. 😊

You're better than her.. why not help if you can?

Teach him the basic but let him discover the rest. Ikaw for sure ngsumikap ka to learn the trade and tinuruan/natuto s iba. Remember blessing comes to those people who extend their hands and doesn't expect anything in return.

Overcome evil with good.

Yes give her some resources for her to learn. That’s already a big help. But it’s NOT YOU who will teach her or spoon feed her. No.

You know you're a better person than what she was back then.

Why limit yourself to be like her at her worst? Show and teach her what goodness is like. hope to inspire her to be a good person by being one to her.

You should be better than being her mirror.

my mercy prevails over my wrath.

Well, to be honest, for me, nope. Maybe I can show a few helpful links pero hanggang dun lang talaga.

Be the better person. You have nothing to lose if you lend a hand.

Let me encourage you with this scripture that also I have been learning and keep on reminding myself everytime people are seems so unfair:

1Peter 3:9 Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.

Look at her the way Jesus looks at her, just like Jesus looks at us - with grace and compassion .forgive her my dear though hindi madali pero you have to kasi yun yung kind of heart n gusto ni God for us. ..and you can talk to her about your heart pra walang bitterness sa heart.. :) pray ka muna before you talk to her para maguide ka ni God sa sasabihin mo..will pray for you..:)

Spend your time helping other people who badly need it, not this one.

I think that's more productive.

Try to help her. Coz at the end of the day you did something good.

Be kind even if others are not.

Yes, help him/her. Let’s do good even if that person hurt you before. You’ll see it will return more blessing to you.

Hi! for me honestly. don't treat them the same way they treated you. ^_^ pakita mo ung kaibahan. you give not because of who they are, how they were to you.. but you give because this is who you are..forgive and kung ano man nangyari think of it as a blessing.. kasi kung di ka ginanun.. wala ka ngayon sa upper hand.. 😎 di ka nagkautang na loob, sila ung magkaka hehe

Yes, still help her despite of what she has done. Karma na nya yung struggle in transitioning. If she learn and earn then that's good but if she fail atleast you still try to teach her.