Speechless when client asks how much do you need to have a comfortable life

Feb 14 '20 Tagle 6026 clicks ask

When your client asks you “How much do you need to have a comfortable life?” I was speechless and don’t know what to answer. Anyway kung kayo magkano ba talaga?

Honestly what I’m earning now is enough naman but I’m still looking for other clients because bukod sa expenses I also want to have savings for my kids and other investments. So hindi ko tuloy alam kung magkano isasagot ko.

He told me to just get back on him tomorrow. Any idea or suggestions?

60 Replies

plus 60% of what you are earning now, para may savings ka na 😁

We all have different interpretation of a “comfortable life”. Mine would be 1M weekly. 😂😂😂

Comfortable life is you don't have to earn anymore just to survive everyday. If you have enough investments (that earns enough interest per year) to cover all your needs, and you can just work when you feel like it (or even not work at all) to have extra money - that's what's comfortable :)

Mas maganda sguro if you will share your short term and long term goals with him. Wag mo muna bigyan ng computation yaan mo sya magcompute hehehe! Baka may way sya maka help to achieve yng goal mo. Syempre dapat clear din sayo kung ano nga ba ang goal mo para ung makatotohanan kapag nagkwentuhan na kayo😊

u give him ur own rate based on ur skills, know ur worth sa mga kaya mung gawin sa biz nya thats a good one! Kasi ikaw mag decide magkano ung pay mo. Ganyan nman talaga. then proceed on telling him why u strived hard learning those skills is to give ur family a comfortable life.

For me a comfortable life is being able to give more time for my kids, have time for church engagements. Being able to provide well for my kids until they graduate from college. Yung hindi ko na problema ung bahay kasi we own it already. 60k per month will go a long way

I guess depende sa lifestyle na gusto nyo po. Yung mga tambay wala sweldo pero komportable sila. 😁. Add nyo po siguro kung ano yung komportable sa inyo na lifestyle at investments then divide nlng monthly. Good for you the client is asking you that question. It only means that you are valued as an employee.

Compute mo monthly expenses, with tuition, health insurance etc. Then add ka Ng ideal savings mo a month. That way may maipapakita Kay client na eto ang real expenses mo vs kinikita mo currently sa knya. Muka nman willing si client to meet halfway or something para ma achieve mo yan. That way ndi mo na kailangan mag second job para mas focus ka sa task mo and ndi masyado pagod at may time pa para sa pamilya and sarili mo. 🙏

150k would take me a long way I feel.

Yes kanya2 po tayo ng definition ng comfortable life. Pero kung ako po tatanungin cguro I’ll base it on having financial security muna for the family meaning having insurance for you and your husband, educ plan sa mga kids, HMO for the whole family, critical illness insurance for the whole family. I will feel comfortable knowing na kahet ano mangyare d masasayang pinaghirapan naten since we’re insured. Then the rest you can work on it since sabe nyo naman po enough yung sahod nyo.. P.S. D po aq nagbebenta ng insurance huh 🤣🤣🤣

Just tell him, as long as i can provide a good education for my kids and their daily needs and all expenses im fine with it. 50k a month to be exact.

This is a subjective question, some people earn huge but are not happy with what they earn because their lifestyle is making it harder for them to set aside money. Some people earn little and manage to save a huge bunch. It depends on several factors really, measure up your expenses and multiply it by 3 that should give you an idea of how much you should be earning to live comfortably.

I am enjoying this topic :D - As far as I can see, a lot of us masayang masaya na sa 150,000 pesos a month. And in this industry that can be relatively easy to achieve.

150,000 pesos with a forex of 49:1 would be about 3,100 USD - working 45 hours a week X 4 = 180 hours a month, that would be a rate of $17/hr. on a single client OR two clients paying 8.7/hr each.

Give an estimated figure that you deem to earn in a span of ______ years for children's education, medical, etc.

no offense, but I've seen that as one of the questions by some HR.. not necessarily mean the numbers but still a tricky question tbh! ☺️

Having a comfortable life depends on your lifestyle. madaling magbigay ng figures but will those figures suffice your needs and wants including your family?

For me there's no such thing as contentment in terms of being comfortable in life. Wala kasing taong kuntento sa financial aspects. Kasi kahit nga yung pinaka mayaman dito sa buong mundo, still looking for investment kung pano pa nya mapapalago ang pera at ari-arian nya. Sa paglaki ang income natin, paglaki rin ng expense kasi pataas ng pataas yung goal natin sa buhay eh. Pero yung level na kumportable ka na talaga, marereach mo siguro yun pag matanda ka na, and naghihintay ka nalang ng oras mo eh. Yung tipong lalabas ka lang ng veranda ng bahay nyo papanuorin mo nga ka apo apohan mo na naglalaro hahaha. Yung wala ka nang iniisip na may maiiwan ka kasi settled na lahat at maayos na ang buhay ng mga maiiwan mo.

Comfortably? Depende sa lifestyle and sa location. I would say at least 100k a month.

Don't ask for much. Baka test lang din ng client mo yan to see how far you will reach for the golden pot. Siguro yung kumportableng buhay ay yung tipong kumakain kayo ng 3x a day, bills are covered and everyone is healthy. Ganon lang. Good luck.

As your income increases and so are your expenses. But, you can always manage it. It will solely depend on your way of life. Simple living even if you are earning more.