Is 85 hours per week for working possible?

Jan 08 '20 Kotzchar 3278 clicks ask

Is 85 hours per week for working possible?

Or is that like pushing yourself too hard?

27 Replies

If you're hitting a goal that's possible. Time management, but you can't do that forever. At some point you need to reduce hours na din for your own health.

Possible but not recommended. Personally, I did 18 hours at work monday to saturday... 9 from my dayjob and 9 from freelancing. I did this in order to shift to work from home for almost 3 months from Aug-Oct2019... May times na nakakatulog ako habang nagpapaquiz at may mga lutang moments na rin due to lack of sleep and rest. May days din na umaabsent na ko sa dayjob ko kasi di ko na kinakaya ang antok. Di naman ako nagkasakit pero I learned to work smart now while taking care of my greatest investment in this career which is my health.

Possible but not sustainable :)

A normal work week is 40 hours which is 8 hours a day for 5 days. If 85 hours per week, 5 working days means 17 hours a day. You only have 7 hours for sleep and for life to happen. That's like double shift everyday. It's really not ideal for productivity and your health.

According to my client, this is only temporary. No problem with the hourly rate, they’re generous bosses.

And I agree, health comes first. I wouldn’t do this for a long time.

Thanks for your comments, guys🤗 Very much appreciated.

Not advisable in my opinion. 40-50hrs is enough and spare your other time to something that would make you feel human 😉

Balance your life. Ginawa ko yan before and actually nagsisi ako.