I’d just like to ask, can creativity be learned? What are your thoughts guys?

Aug 04 '20 pinon 3697 clicks ask

I’d just like to ask, can creativity be learned? What are your thoughts guys?

31 Replies

For me, creativity is not a skill. Creativity is all about idea and your ability to translate and express that idea. However, a skill is your ability to do something. It can likewise be developed like a skill.

Example, you can be really creative, you have great vision of something but you do not have the skill to create. Good Skill plus Great creativity, you are blessed.

For me, NO. Because, to be creative means using your imagination. And if you are trying to learn someone's imagination. That is not creativity that is copying.

Creativity can be discovered. If you are open and interested enough to learn something new, even if you do not come out as an expert, to some degree you can discover some level that is workable for you.

Yes, anything can be learned.

I think you learn to be creative by adjusting your perspective. Learn what it takes to do it, keep doing it, never give up. Sooner or later you'll see you have it in you all along 😊 (I didn't think I had it in me until my next pay depended on it. Haha!)

Creativity is UNIQUE. It can be learned and then eventually you will discovered it within you. Some people will have difficulty to discover it within themselves and therefore needs INSPIRATION.

You can learn art and creativity. Ang mahirap imagination. Pag dating sa creativity dapat inspired ka para madami ideas.. Creativity can be learned, need mo lang ng inspiration.

I see it like this. For someone who is a creative person like me and it's also part of my profession, I taught ny self to learn how to use photoshop or other designing programs. I have friends who had formal studies on photoshop with certificates but never did achieve the designs that I can do in photoshop. Photoshop is merely just a tool to execute your creative ideas. Being creative for me is innate in people even at a young age and not everyone is gifted with it. Creativity is part of how you think, see and approach things. Like when you see things outside or online, what's the first thing you will notice or how do you see it in a creative perspective. Part of being creative is your attention to details and overall aethetics. In some parts it can be learned at some point the inner creativity needs to be there as part of your system.

Yes. It’s rare for someone to be so effortlessly creative (there are some cases) but I believe creativity for most part could be learned. Some people who likes art started from squiggles and scribbles. It takes patience and practice sometimes

I believe any skills can be learned. Fear is what stops most of us. Although there are people who are truly born with it but it's something we all can learn.

Im a video editor and now working as a designer for some simple graphics. I never liked it, its far from what i wanted, not until I was pushed to do it.

The more you do it, the easier it gets. You just have to keep learning. Keep practicing. 😉

" Everything you needed to know about creativity starts by making mistakes"

NO, some people just isn't lucky enough to be born with it.

some may claim that its a product of their new found creativity but deep down its just a copy of someone else work.

Techniques and skills can be acquired, which i believe are what most people are referring to in their comments - Not creativity.