I sent the leads to my client, but she didn't pay me!

Feb 23 '20 Esplor 2309 clicks share

2 weeks ago I have a client for a project-based task. This was a lead generation task. My main task is to collect leads from Instagram for the client's campaign. We agreed that she would pay me $ .30 per lead. After the task, I sent her the spreadsheets with leads. And after sending, I received no message for my pay. I even called her many times on whatsapp but she didn't respond. I just feel disappointed because I work so hard and it's just 😥

Just need to vent out my frustrations. And now, I feel bad about myself because I didn't get to work in advance 😢

8 Replies

I know this is unsolicited advice, pero next time if hindi sa mga legit platform mo nakuha yung client (like Upwork , OLJ), ask for payment first before you start work. Unless referral sya ng trusted client. Lesson mo na lang yan, move on. Marami pang okay na client. At makakahanap ka din ng magiging worth it ang hardwork mo 😊

nagnyare din saken yan.through whatsapp dn.after i did the exact the same task, wala nako nrinig.seen pako.kaloka.hinayaan ko na lang kasi newbie din ako.karma na lang.

parang may nagsabi dito na mag add ng password sa file then pag bayad na tsaka ibigay ang password.

Keep the file. Sometimes, may buyers ng list, esp if interesting yung niche of leads na niResearch mo. Also, keep the email validation report, to prove na good emails ang nacompile mo sa list.

My suggestion, mass email those people and warn them about making any business with the person. That's what I'd do. Sorry not sorry.

May nakita po ako na post dito somewhere dati (or from other freelancing groups) pero di ko na mahanap. Nilalagyan ng password yung file. You can send it but your client won’t have view access until alam nya yung password. Baka maigi po yun na collateral next time para masecure na yung efforts mo di mauuwi sa wala.

Since di ko na po mahanap yung actual post eto na lang nahanap ko sa internet. Kung may mahahanap ka pa po feel free to share or utilize it for your next clients na nagbibuild ka pa lang ng relations. Best of luck!

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-password-protect-an-excel-file

More likely you were duped. Why trust someone u don't know..

No, don't be too hard on yourself. Give it time for your client to respond, then if he really scams and red flaged you, then you can create a blog to post it and make it never happen again.