Wanted to share my experience while looking for a part-time job sometime ago

Dec 29 '19 Campos 2344 clicks share

Wanted to share my experience while looking for a part-time job sometime ago:

A potential client offered me a very generous compensation package to "manage his US Amazon store".

Basically all he wanted me to do was receive the income from his Amazon store selling high end bags and cash the funds here in the Philippines and then send the funds to him in the Czech Republic via WU to "avoid US tax complications".

Yeah, they were probably wantings to use me for money laundering.

I'm only sharing this now because I just remembered it after seeing a post from someone in another group which is kind of similar. Hope this helps fellow newbies out there. The offer really was very enticing but please remember that if it's too good to be true, then it probably is.

4 Replies

What happened?

@solane Hi! At the time I was only a newbie so I didn't know much. I asked around, consulted my family and I was advised it could be a front for money laundering. I respectfully declined their offer. It sent all sorts of red flags because they required that the VA use their own name and info on all transactions and not the "business name". That was what really gave it away for me.

yes. Mag fifile sya ng dispute after sending ang ending ikaw pa mag nenegative sa paypal or something.

Good thing you still have your fraud sense.