I just found one of my co-freelancers is adding manual time without permission

Jan 31 '20 Naj 8779 clicks ask

Hello guys,

I just found that one of my co-freelancers is adding manual time sa time tracker without permission!

He's been adding it since we hired him, what's the best thing to do? And can he get suspended? Can we get a refund?

39 Replies

if you are the hiring manager you can disable the manual time. If not, ask your client to do it.

Why is this a problem? I manage some people and the manual time setting is allowed. If it's not allowed then turn it off para walang issue. Clients have access to the work diary and receive a message to check and approve work diaries every Monday for any dispute (clients can dispute until Friday, so 5 days to review).

Mind your business nalang sis. :)

Pwede naman yan hindi bayaran ng client. Perp sana din nag ask sya ng permission before mag add ng manual work if may work ethic sya.

If he/she is your subordinate, you have the right to ask esp if you guys are not supposed to work that way. Also, you’re not sure, pwedeng baka dumirect sya sa Boss nyo talaga and dun nag-ask ng permission, for some reasons. But if he/she’s not under you, medyo hinay kasi baka mapagkamalan tayo na pakialamera or what. Pwede naman magtanong - but sa maayos na paraan. Just show lang siguro na parang curious ka, na pwede pala mag manual add ng time sa client na to? (Sabihin mo nalang din siguro na before may time na gusto mo sana mag manual add kasi you forgot to run the tracker on this particular shift etc..). Ayun, wala naman masama sa pagtatanong basta wag lang yung tipong nakaka offend and magmuka tayo paki-alamera. 🙂

If without permission, then notify them and ask if that's part of their contract. In my old work, we were allowed to add manual time especially during times we don't have net but are still able to work - just as long as we notify the boss after. I've used 3 trackers so far and all of them have the option to disable manual time. Their contract might also be different to yours as not everyone's job is the same, maybe their work allows them to work without a tracker.

Impossible na d alam ng client ang ginagawa nya kasi nirereview ung mga manual time schedule at may nilalagay na memo dun sa time na nag manual time sya. Tska pwd magdispute incase na nag-add sya ng wlng permission. Bka may mga pinapagawang iba si client sa kanya kaya nagmamanual time.

Madami kasing reason bkt nag mamanual add ng time. But first things first, kung nakapag add ng manual time, allowed ni client. So you can’t say na without permission un. Hnd naka default na allowed ang manual time. Nakay client yan if he wants to allow. Like sakin, client agreed to be billed 48hrs kht pa 2hrs lang na work ko. It’s totally up to your client if he approves it or not. May 5days review naman ng hours logged. So the client is aware. Imposibleng hnd. So kung walang pake si client dhil nadedeliver nya ung job nya na satisfied c client, then I think you shouldn’t be bothered. If you want to do the same thing, ask your client to allow you to add manual time too. Hehe If the freelancer is cheating nmn, problema na nya siguro un. Kung team leader ka naman at job mo na imonitor at ireport yan then do what pleases you. If hnd nman, then do your own thing.

My 40-hour work is also manual time as we agreed by the client. I accepted the fulltime job and I requested no tracker hence the agreement.

I don't understand. If the person can add manual time that only means the client allowed it. And every week nirereview yan bago bayaran ni client. Sa contract naman malalaman yan if it's allowed or not, so idk why it's a big deal for you.

Pilipino nga naman 🤔 wala naman kasi issue yan basta bah maayos naman yung trabaho.

Di po kasi aware sa client about dun sa manual time. Nung nahire namen sya, okay naman, nakaka bigay naman sya tasks through time tracker. Then last last week, wala na syang tasks for us, pero hindi pinause ni client yung contract since baka kailanganin pa namen sya. Tapos nagulat po si client biglang may billed hours saknya na almost $400, so nung nacheck namen, halos galing sa kanta tapos puro manual time.

If it's unauthorized, then yes definitely issue sya. Whether or not if you're the boss, it's still unethical if you let the person get away with it. It's not being 'pakialamera', we should also protect our clients with due diligence. We wouldn't want them to think na magugulang ang mga pinoy. Manipulation shouldn't be tolerated.

I never used manual time. Pero halos lahat ng comment sa post na ito sangayon ako. If may ginagawa siya hindi maganda or nag aadd siya ng oras without your client permission matagal na sana siya tinangal diba since you mentioned na matagal niya na to ginagawa. Kung kokomprontahin mo naman siya baka mag karoon pa kayo ng gap at baka isipin niya na pinagdududahan mo siya. Malay mo may pinag usapan sila ni client about dyan.

WE use hubstaff- and manual adding of time is, by default not allowed by the owners or directors. it's a good check kasi for all of us. working your hours says lot of your character! yikes for that staff member. I hope, as I had experienced before-- if we become references to those staff-- let us be honest with other freelancers who asks para naman may "warning" rin or at least on the lookout ang mga nasa Admin/HR. Good luck on your way forward.

Minsan confident ang iba dahil sa sobrang tiwala ni client.

Isa sa client ko dati admitted she never bothered to check kasi andun ung tiwala. Nung bumagyo samin I told her I had to manually log ung oras kasi bawal mag install sa shop. And she responded - I never check. I dont even look at it. I just pay.

If you're really bothered, it is okay to ask, ya know. Ask client if its ok and if its not, talk to your fellow VA khit d mo n rin cguro isumbong dahil ikaw nman magmumukhang sipsip.

For peace of mind na din because I know honest people can't stand seeing others cheating. And since you're working fairly, you'd feel betrayed.

Why allow him to add manual time in the first place? Pwede yun disabled. Second, bakit di niyo kagad na question? May review naman every week? Lol

@MariaBerdy Most of the time di talaga na checheck nung boss namen ung work diary since lagi sya out of the country and since masyado tiwala nya samen, hinahayaan nya lang. Kaso naging suspicious sya kasi sabe ko wala nang tasks dun sa freelancer na yun pero bakit daw pag check nya may nabill pa din sa kanya.

Confront that person first. Ask about it. Know the other side of the story before you jump to any conclusion or action. Did you made it clear to him that he can’t do manual posting right from the start? I have co-freelancers that does manual posting pero productive sila. Talk to the person first and settle it with that same person.