How to create more engaging posts for real estate companies as a senior social media manager?

Mar 06 '20 Litrica 2414 clicks ask

Good evening, everyone!

Just asking for some help. For Senior Social Media managers for Real Estate companies, can you please give me tips and tricks on how I can create more engaging posts for my boss? This is my first time and I am running out of ideas.

Her agency is quite small, 5 agents pa lang. Her goal is to have 25 agents at the end of the year. Also, more organic and interesting posts, ano best content for this?

6 Replies

Create informative posts like inforgraphics, tips, faqs. Great for Instagram and Pinterest!

Does your client intend to use FB / social media to expand her agent base? If so then that's not gonna work.

Agents have a lot of options, and them going to your Brokerage / Team depends on a lot of factors, sadly Engaging FB posts are low on that list.

Start with these two: (1) your target market and (2) your agency's competitive advantage.

While you did not make it clear what type of properties the agency has the majority of its listings on, I will make the assumption that these are residential houses. I also will make an assumption that these properties are mid cost and suitable for small families (if it's not, use this as a guide and follow this trail of thought):

TARGET MARKET:

(A) couple or small family with 1 or 2 kids (B) aged 30 to 38 (C) annual income 50k to 70k per adult D e f...So on and so forth to drill it further

COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE:

(A) you are a small agency (B) you have limited listings (C) you are locals

Explanation: YES, we have realtors and real estate agencies as clients and in marketing, these are advantages because:

(A) smaller agencies can cater to more questions and can hold your hand through the process.

(B) limited listings means you know the properties inside and out. You know all the details including neighborhoods AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, quality of neighbors

(C) being local or having loved XX years in the city means the agency has known the place and changes the city/area has undergone which means you know the PROPERTY VALUE and its INCREASE OVER YEARS (the usual closing line when selling a property, remember start with the heart and close with the head rule: you draw them in with beauty and close them with figures of how much the value will increase).

SOCIAL POSTS:

Now that you know your A and B, examples would be:

1. Shot of property/ies (with always a child or two with the couple looking together happily) -- learn simple Photoshop or pay $5 in Fiverr

2. Shot of interior (agencies like it empty, I go opposite, I like it furnished and with people)

3. Calendar of festivities of the area/place (focus on homey events)

4. (IF POSSIBLE) Short videos of interior per section: kitchen, living room, etc with very slow panning in and out

5. (SOMETIMES) Quotes on about family and caption with this as your agency's motivating thought

6. (SOMETIMES) Pictures of agents/staff especially talking with clients and if possible on site. Focus on your ability to walk them through process.

GENERAL RULE:

1. When making posts, write as if talking to a single person who is part of your target market.

2. In all your posts, add a line or two that speaks about your comp advantage.

That's it. Good luck and God bless.

Source: Founded and runnimg Telic Digital (telic.ph) for almost 10 years with hundreds of clients including at least a dozen real estate agencies in US and AU.

Start ka muna to research about sa state na kine-cater nya. For example, Florida. Check mo mga events sa state na un tapos magpost ka muna about how amazing it is to live in that county, city or state. Build up mo muna ung page by posting interesting things about the area. You can go from there.

@Campos Wow! I didn’t think of it that way. 😍

Thank you.

@Florenca Thanks for this! I will plan out a week’s schedule with these guidelines.