All teachers who are working at 51talk please resign!

Oct 21 '19 Tacaca 28544 clicks review

ALL TEACHERS WHO ARE WORKING AT 51TALK PLEASE RESIGN!!! KNOW YOUR WORTH!!! IF YOU GET PAID BELOW 200 BY YOUR COMPANY, BETTER FIND ANOTHER ONE!!!

DON'T ALLOW YOURSELF TO GET EXPLOITED!!! YOU ARE NOT THAT CHEAP!!! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS MAKE AN EFFORT TO FIND A GOOD PAYING COMPANY! THERE ARE SOOOO MANY OUT THERE.

8 Replies

One of their interviewers is arrogant. I am glad I did not pursue my application with them.

the least we can do is to respect other people's decisions in life,They are adults, come on! let them where they wanna be.

@Kim If we care about them then better educate them. Let them know their worth. Come on I’ve been in this industry for over 10yrs. I know how these compensation works.

@Tacaca Can you suggest a platform that could cater the more than 3k esl teachers there? Many of them doesn't even have students especially newbies.

You can try Tutoring. I have friends who were from 51 and Acad and now they are all with Tutoring. I am now an inactive teacher with 51. I have had my share of penalties too. About 5000+ in total. That was last year when PLDT had an issue and my back up was smart bro. Because globe signal is also not good here, so no choice. Even if it was not my fault that there are no other better net providers here, I did not get those fees reversed.

Now 51 has been contacting me several times to be active again but I just don't want to go back anymore. I am not a fan of video lessons. And I don't have enough energy to sustain being happy the whole day while taking care of a toddler that is up and about the whole day too. 😁

I work 3-6 hours a week and earn more than I did when I was employed with a known Japanese company, working more than 65 hours a week. I am not a licensed teacher either. I only have 2 students now and had to turn down some due to my other business.

My students are my walking advertisements. If you work smart, you don't have to kill your ass working for these schools. It also pays to invest in your own skill. Learn it well and students won't even haggle with your rates.

Me from Acadsoc before. Since i don' have the experience they only gave me 90php/hr. I resigned because of the TM. And that's one of my best decision ever!!! Now I'm working in a toxic free company who paid me 1k+ for 7 hrs a day.

@Solar so true.. thats why i dropped the call.