Proposal template for you guys to use

Aug 02 '19 Tamara 2326 clicks share

Here's a proposal template you can use--like, right now. Because. Why not? Swipe files are awesome, right? 😎

In this example, the client is looking for someone who's great with posters. (I'm not saying I am!!! πŸ˜…)

If in case, you're into design jobs, then this will most probably work for you.

If not, then just use the principles behind it.

It's not rocket science. πŸš€ It's just a nice, simple way of opening a conversation.

Not too formal, and not too casual.

Let's break down the parts.

1⃣ Compliment. A good, sincere compliment goes a long way. Always.

I found the name of the client unique, so I just wanted to tell something positive about it.

Be careful not to sound creepy though.

2⃣ Tell a story. Everyone loves to hear stories.

We are all curious creatures by nature and your brain places you inside the stories you hear or read.

It makes us feel that we are part of that thing or happening.

3⃣ Give facts. About the human attention span, did you know that it's actually gone shorter from 15 seconds? It's now around 12 seconds.

The survey says its even shorter than 12 seconds.

I'm not kidding. You can do your own research about this. I did too. Google keyword "human attention span". Now.

4⃣ Tell a scenario. Now I'm just hypothesizing or speculating what will happen if a design goal fails.

It's the basic cause and effect sentence. You don't have to exaggerate. Put it in simple words. Paint a picture.

5⃣ Actual samples. Specific samples of what the client needs.

NEVER send the whole album, nor the whole portfolio. End of story.

6⃣ Social proof. If you're already an established individual and there are a number of testimonials you have--put them to good use.

It's not bragging when someone is vouching for you. But then again, be careful--choose your words wisely.

7⃣ Close. Again, don't try and sound like you're begging. Be confident.

You may include your email or skype ID, but in this case, I'll just let the client reply on the same messaging platform.

Finally, consider the form of the paragraphs. Make it short, instead of dropping a huge slab of words.

A huge wall of words feel tiresome to read.

I know your English teacher won't be happy about this, but remember though that you're not writing a novel here.

You're trying to converse with a human being. useful proposal template