3 Things to Consider Before Buying Best Laptops for Filipino Freelancers on a Budget

Sep 27 '21 ward467 7417 clicks share

Choosing a laptop as a Filipino freelancer can be a tricky if you don't know what to look for. In the freelancing world, it isn't uncommon for clients to ask applicants about their laptop's specs before hiring them, especially if the tasks involves huge work for the laptop.

You see, efficiency and speed matters big time in the freelancing world. That said, here are the factors you need to consider before buying a laptop for your online freelancing.

Operation System: Windows, Mac or Chrome? If you are working for a client to work for in Upwork or any job platform online, I recommend Windows operating system, simply because it's very versatile. Chances are, your clients are using Windows, anyway. And if they're not, the applications that you're gonna be using will always have a version for Windows.

Besides, if you're on a budget, Apple is definitely out of the question. And while Chrome is usually cheaper than Windows, it's rather limited since not all major freelancing software (like Skype, Adobe Photoshop, and MS Office) are compatible with it.

CPU: Core i3, Core i5 or Core i7? CPU(Central Processing Unit) is basically the brain of your computer. It processes all the computer's commands. There two main brands for CPU: AMD and Intel.

However, I'm only gonna recommend Intel since it's widely used worldwide and it's more efficient. Intel features several CPU but the most effective ones are the i3, i5 and i7. Generally speaking, Core i7 performs better than i5 in terms of processing performance and i5 performs better thant i3.

RAM (Memory) 4GB of RAM should be enough unless you are using Adobe Premiere in which you need at least 8GB RAM. Otherwise, a 4GB RAM should be more thant enough if you aren't editing videos.

The Best Laptops for Filipino Freelancers under 30k: All these Core i3 laptops I'll recommend should be able to handle these tasks.

• Basic tasks like encoding, browsing and emails
  • Web development software like WordPress
  • Video and music editing
  • Graphics design
  • Coding
  • Adobe Premiere (Adobe Premiere Pro System requires 8GB RAM but all these recommended laptops only has 4. You can, however, upgrade to 8GB should you need to use Adobe Premiere. Otherwise you are good with 4GB)

1. Acer Aspire E5-475G-380U

• Sale Price: 27,980.00PHP
  • Original Price: 31,999.00PHP
  • Processor: Intel Core i3 6006U
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Memory: 4GB DDR4
  • Display Screen Size: 15.6'' HD

2. Lenovo Ideapad 320

• Sale Price: 27,346PHP
  • Original Price: 30,300PHP
  • Processor: Intel Core i3-7100U Processor
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Home
  • Memory: 4GB DDR4
  • Display Screen Size: 14.0'' (16:9) LED-backlit HD (1366x768)

3. Dell Inspiron 3467

• Sale Price: 26,499PHP
  • Original Price: 30,000.00PHP
  • Processor: Intel Core i3 6006U
  • Memory: 4GB, 2400MHz, DDR4 (additional memory sold separately)
  • Display Screen Size: 14.0-inch HD (1366 x 768) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display
  • With free Dell essential briefcase

4. Lenovo Ideapad 330

• Sale Price: 24,999PHP
  • Original Price: 32,000.00PHP
  • Processor: Intel Core i3 813U
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Display Screen Size: 15.6'' HD Led
  • Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 620

5. Lenovo Ideapad 130

• Sale Price: 24,995PHP
  • Original Price: 24,995.00PHP