Is it normal for newly hired tutors having no booking at RareJob?

Aug 16 '19 Roiset 25888 clicks review

Rarejob Teachers,

Is it normal po for a newly-hired tutor to not have a booking po? this is my 4 day, I was hired last friday but opened a slot last saturday and today pa lang po... wala pa din booking.. hahaha... is it normal po? what are the things I can do to have a higher chance of being booked? Any tips?

7 Replies

Open your slots during peak hours. Open lessons from 9-12 pm and 5-8 am.

Open your slots 15 days to a month in advance.

I experienced one week without any bookings.

That is normal to ALL home-based ESL companies.

If the students in rj are Japanese then. Wala po hlos tlaga nyan I am office base online tutor mnsan 1 lang student ko for the whole day (good thing bayad )kasi summer vacation nila and most of them they're out of their country po.

Teach that was the EXACT same thing that happen to on my first week! talagang ang sarap nang ihampas ng laptop dahil walang students ni ISA!!! pero please be positive.. This is now my second month and puno na talaga siya always.. tip ko po make sure na maganda and formal po yung profile picture na ginamit niyo (I changed mine and it was really effective) then ibigay mo full effort mo sa first student para bigyan ka ng 5 star sa rating (they also see whom of the teachers has the most number of stars) GOD BLESS!! Tiwala lang po!

It is summer vacation over there at the moment. Despite Rare Jobs promises, our bookings always decrease dramatically during holiday times. Please be patient; this will not last long