Should I invest on a Macbook Pro 2020 or just get a Windows laptop with comparable specs for work?

Aug 02 '20 Roldan 3426 clicks ask

Should I invest on a Macbook Pro 2020 or just get a Windows laptop with comparable specs for work?

35 Replies

Goods naman both depende din sa specs kung planning to play games in future go with windows.

Mac pang matagalan. At walang sakit ng ulo sa virus. Very productive sa work. I'm a Web Dev. Once you go mac, you never go back.

It's not investment, it's a purchase.

it all boils down sa budget and purpose.

I used this as a guide. Hope this helps. https://youtu.be/39YqCLYELnM

Consider kung san mo gagamitin and try the price 2x if you can afford it then Goo

Mac. You can find a 2nd hand macbook pro 2012 for less than 30k so you can try it out. Then upgrade the ram and ssd as needed. By the time the new MacBook is released, you can decide to go for it, or switch back to Windows at any point. The 2012 mbp can still be sold at fair market value😊

Go for Mac. Worth it. Nag switch ako sa Mac from Windows. Hesitant ako b4 kung mag mac ako or stick to windows pa din.

But later on nag Mac pa din ako hehe pikit mata pa lol😆

Pero wala pang 1month kong ginagamit... mas gusto ko n sya gamitin over windows.

Para sakin worth it. Pang games nlng yung windows ko hehe..

Skip the mac 2020, mg lalabas, sila na bago kaya mga, luma nila phaseout nila.

Dipende sa ecosystem na nakasanayan mo. May kanya kanya silang target na costumer group. Sagutin mo mga tanong na to para makadecide ka

1. Anong OS ang ginagamit mo ngayon?
  2. Anong line of work mo?
  3. Gumagamit ka ba ng Mac exclusive na applications like Final Cut?
  4. May mga apple devices ka ba na ginagamit for work?

Yan pag nasagot mo yan makakadecide ka ba 😉

Both meron ako.. If video conference and graphic designing, mas maganda Macbook..be sure my external drive ka since maliit lang disk space ng Mac.. If docu, programming, etc.. Windows ka na lang..

Get one that fits your needs.

Windows kung d nmn po designer or the like.

Mac for work, windows for gaming. 😊

Go for mac. Kakaswitch ko lang and so far maganda siya talaga kung pang work. All the best

Kung hindi naman multimedia related ang work mo at basic office admin lang, you dont need a high powered laptop.

I'll never buy a macbook haha pangalan lang binabayaran mo jan period.

If you have the budget, buy a second hand Macbook Pro then get a Windows mid range AMD gaming desktop. Best of both worlds. Also buy a good monitor for that desktop at least 25". For external use with the Macbook as well.

First po, consider your budget.

Second, know which OS yung need mo especially sa work mo (not all Windows Software run is MacOs and vice versa)

Third, find options and do research more. Do you need a laptop, a macbook? Did you consider building/customizing a PC? How much processing power do you need? Kailangan po bang portable? Or work station/gaming rig yung need mo?

You need at least 8GB of RAM kung bibili ka po ng windows laptop. If you're going to use it for content creation (photo and video edit) ypu would need a dedicated Graphics Card and higher ram. Consider also that you CANT upgrade some of the laptops in the market today especially macbooks.

For 50,000 pesos:

1. You can get a gaming laptop but the specs may be outdated.
  2. Macbook Air 2020 or old versions of Macbook Pros.
  3. You can buy a full desktop PC that can handle heavy workloads. (Pinapakita ko lang po yung pwede mong makuha for your money. At the end of the day, it's your decision po.)

Kung can afford mo naman why not? Dream ko din Yan MBP may ROI naman Yan Kasi gagamitin mo pang trabaho. Ako Kasi personally Hindi masyadong techie kaya Ang tendency bumili ako Ng the best and known brands Yung alam Kong Kahit Hindi ko naiintindihan Ang technical aspects sure akong Tama Yung napili ko. It's like pag Mahal Yun na Yun 🤣