Should I invest on a Macbook Pro 2020 or just get a Windows laptop with comparable specs for work?

Aug 02 '20 Roldan 3493 clicks ask

Should I invest on a Macbook Pro 2020 or just get a Windows laptop with comparable specs for work?

35 Replies

Problem with Apple is of u want to upgrade it's not possible. Plus, mababa ang memory ng Mac compared to Windows. Get an i5 Windows pc then upgrade. More cost effective.

PC, mac are overprice and if u need service, it even get worse.

Any OS except windows. Lol

Mac definitely.

MacOS is wayyy more secured and macbook specs are also good specially with graphics and multitasking. You'll definitely get your money's worth on this laptop. But practically speaking, it still boils down on how you intend to use the computer.

Windows if you don't need anything mac exclusive. Macs have terrible value. ( And I guess, from what I can see from the comments, go for mac if you are unfamiliar with troubleshooting and general pc/software maintenance/safe practices )

A windows laptop would have better specs for the same price, so it really depends on what you need. Mac has better software, and Windows has better compatibility and usually, hardware.

It's best to invest on a high end windows laptop. New gen laptops nowadays are much more durable than laptops 5 years ago and they're more versatile. High end windows laptop can be used for multitasking, editing and gaming. But if YOU REALLY want to be a macbook user for some reason, wait for the 2021 release wherein they'll use an ARM cpu rather than a 3rd part cpu like intel. Another reason to buy a macbook is if you're in the apple ecosystem meaning you own an iphone, an ipad and other apple products. Remember that apple is costly because of the ecosystem they made.

Mac for working. Tested and trusted. Minsan din kung san ka sanay. Pero if kaya Mac, Mac nlng para sulit!

In the end it’s up to you.. one thing to consider is not just the laptop but also the additional softwares your may need to have to complete the tasks.

Switched to Mac just recently. No regrets. :)

Being a windows user before akala ko di ako masasanay sa Mac until I found myself slowly ditching my windows PCs. Macbook Pro or mac products. If afford ko lang talaga bibili ako niyan at IMac para home use. Durable at mabilis talaga si mac. 😇😇😇

Mac book pro kanalang kung gagamitin mo sya sa work mac 🖥 user ako at my gaming pc din ako . Tatagal ang macbook pro mo like for 10 yrs basta well maintain at ikaw lang gagamit worth the price sya

Macbook air ko is 2011 pa, until now nagagamit ko pa din, medyo mabagal na nga lang pero still faster than windows na laptop. Mas ok talaga mga macbook products for me. Kung afford ko lang, bibili ako ng pro.

My experience, MBP lang tumagal sakin (since 2015). Earlier laptops ko na windows, need magpalit every 2 years...