My current employer doesn't want me to have another job

Feb 22 '20 Andres 2482 clicks ask

What would be a good answer to an interview if you were asked if you were employed now?

Because the current employer does not want me to have another job, then I have asked about my previous employment.

6 Replies

Then no unless you wanna lose your current client.

Kapag tinatanong ako kung currently employed ba ko, sinasabi ko na "I'm handling some freelance projects". wala naman masama kung aamin ka lalo na at meron naman talaga. Usually tinatanong yang question na yan sa ending phase ng interview, dahil gusto nila makasigurado na maga alot ka ng panahon sa kanila, or they can offer a better compensation than your client employer/project.

@Marissa Thank you po sa sagot, minsan po yan po cnasbi ko. Kaya lng po pag tinanong na anong website ni client dun na ko nagaalangan kasi baka makarating po sa employer. In search po kc ako na magka muktiple jobs like po ng iba sana. Thank you po.

I always give honest answers to my clients kasi that’s one way to earn their trust. So I say that I do have another freelance project going on but I emphasize that it is not full-time and i can work flexi hours (which is true). So I guess you can say that you have other clients but assure them that you have time to still work on their projects without compromising your efficiency and value. By the way, don’t say “employed” if you’re not getting government required benefits from your client.

@Shimada Great advise! I'll keep that in mind. Thank you very much po. ❤️

Be honest lang sabihin mo na kahit may work ka is kaya mo pa rin gawin ang trabahong gusto nya...