Is it possible to create 30 articles per month with 500 words per article?

Feb 19 '20 Diza 2804 clicks ask

To the experienced freelance writers out there, is it possible to create 30 articles per month with a word count of 500 per article? Subject would be tech-related like app reviews, trends, latest news, etc.

Just want to know if this is possible, I am a novice writer and I don't know if I can create that many articles in a span of 4 weeks. Perhaps only a team of writers can produce that many articles? What are your thoughts?

11 Replies

That's roughly one 500-word article a day, so I think it's doable.

Very much possible.

Definitely not!

Not if you want to create articles that are well-written, well thought out, and of a high standard of quality. Remember, for each article you must do research and double check on the facts. Then you need time to edit and proofread to make sure your articles are 100% perfect and ready for publish. Sure, ideally you could fire off one brain fart article after another and come up with 30 half-assed articles with shoddy content.... but nobody is going to pay you well for that.

Also, writing takes creative energy which is easily drained over time. If you take on such a high volume of work, chances are your creativity will wane and you will notice yourself making stupid errors that fifth graders could avoid. This is something most people don't realize about creative work... you can't just switch it on and off. You need time to rejuvenate.

Furthermore, you will easily run out of topics like that. Don't underestimate the time it will take you to find worthwhile topics that are interesting. If you need to come up with one topic a day for a month you will run out of topics before you hit the third week.

The most I would do in a week is three articles, and that will keep me busy until Saturday, leaving only Sunday free. But at least the articles will be good, ensuring happy clients and good recommendations to other avenues of work.

That said, if your client is demanding that amount of work - you will need a team of content writers and proofreaders. That is also how I handle all the jobs outside of the clients I write personally for. I handle a team of writers that do the topic search, research, and writing for me. Then I apply my expertise in English by being the one to edit and proofread and ensure that the quality of the articles submitted are of a high standard.

Hope this helps.

Depende sa quality na hinihingi sa iyo but generally yes, that is doable. In fact that can be done in a week.

Kaya yan,,, masakitan nga lang sa ulo pero kaya yan. Depende din sa rate.. Godbless sa Pag susulat :)

Possible yan...I've had done it many times.

Possible but burnt out or repetitive flow ang mangyayari. I can only do 3-5 articles a week before they can sound all the same to me haha

I think it can be done - but you gotta have passion for the topic/niche. Kung ako pagsusulatin mo about DOTA, esports, RPG games, WoW Classic, kaya ko siguro. Pero kung tipong beauty, fashion, etc...pass na ako for sure :P Now, if you have real passion for those topics above, I am sure you're gonna find new ways to talk about it :) Good luck!

It can be done if you're really willing to sacrifice time at the risk of burnout.

Yes I've done that consistently before. It's possible IF you really understand those topics. If you're not that great in that field you will be slow coz you need time to understand the concept.