How much is the right rate for an Executive Admin/Assistant?

Oct 09 '20 jkuhlman 2196 clicks ask

How much is the right rate for an Executive Admin/Assistant?

My client is paying me fixed $600 per month. I was desperate to quit my super stressful job back then kaya tinaggap ko na without even analyzing what it's going to be like.

I know that I should be thankful that I have a job, but let's be realistic. 14,500 pesos or $300 per 2 weeks, di paid ang OT, no HMO, no sick leave, is too low for a parent of 3 kids.

Now this client is trying to introduce me to marketing which is fine without a raise for now kase nahihiya pa ko mag ask since I'm inexperienced in this field. Want ko muna sana mag pakita ng result sa kanya so I can show him that I deserve a raise.

I just want to know if how much chinacharge nyo sa client for EVA tasks and ilan years yung experience nyo?

8 Replies

Thats good enough for a VA.. period

I started at $2 per hour dati. First homebased job ko coming from bpo background. All around VA - Admin assistance, hiring and recruitment pati training. Sobrang baba but I sucked it up and tried to learn as much as I can. Nung confident na ko sa skills ko, I looked for another client and ako na nagset ng rate ko. Fast forward, I am now earning 4x as much as what I was earning before.

Moral lesson? Pag maigsi ang kumot matuto bumaluktot pero kung mag aaral kang magtahi, pwede mong iadjust yung kumot sa kahit anong haba na gusto mo. :)

Depende din cguro kung gaano ka taas ang market ng business ng boss mo.. ako hindi ako nag ask for raise kasi mahina ang market.. pero nung uki2x pa market nagka raise ako 2 times.. ngayon wala na kasi humina market

Learn what you can. Establish your limits. Like your schedule. Then move on... 😊

Your client pays you what he thinks you are worth and what market can bare. Not what your needs are. Your personal needs are irrelevant.

If you want to get paid more, learn other skills, and find a different client.

If you find that its insufficient due to your personal requirements, then thats your personal reason. Dont get your employer involved. Others who aren't parents will grab the job at that pay you're getting.

You can discuss your desire to revisit the pay after 90 days or a few months. This can be an opportunity to bring in some income rather than not have any income at all. Gives you more experience and exposure and you can simply revisit a raise based on your quality of work. Sometimes you have to decide if this is something you are willing to do. There are several other agencies out there that charge $4.00 an hour for a VA. All the best to you and your decision.

$600/month is not bad. Swerte mo na ganyan rate mo unlike sa iba ung $300 e pang one month na. Kung may napatunayan ka na then ask for a raise. Otherwise hindi na masama yang sweldo mo. Kung di sapat, onboard additional client kung kaya mo pa ihandle.