Be careful with those who ask you to buy something when you apply for a job!

Jan 28 '20 June 2826 clicks share

Hi guys. I applied for a proofreader job sa freelancer and I was asked to contact Angela Becker sa Hangouts for an interview. She used this email: angela.work101@gmail.com.

Sabi nya she is from Biogened S.A.. Kala ko legit na job as we went through a lot of interview questions and the perks were great.

Then she said I had to buy a $100 Amazon card to purchase software I needed for the job and they will reimburse me later. I smelled a scam and shut down. Just a warning to newbies like me out there.

2 Replies

I dunno if I just got scammed pero had the same experience with a client. May pinatry sya sakin na task then ginawa ko naman. After ko nagawa the first time, she demanded revisions, she even asked me what's my Skype acct and how much daw ang gusto ko ipay nya sakin.

So I proceeded with the revisions, everytime magsasubmit ako to have her check yung nagawa ko puro positive feedback naman. Nung natapos ko na, she asked again for my Skype and let her know I'm free any time of the day all week for a quick chat, kaso gang ngayon di pa din sya nagrereply. NaTY na ata yung pagod ko last week. 😣

Katakot naman nito, kasi parang same ang set up sa akin. Nakaka disappoint naman yung may mga ta.ong masama ang intention. Sabi pa sa akin na i hire nila ako directly pati ang bayad bank deposit pa. Sana ang upwork aware sa mga mudos ng mga ta.ong to.