Experience shared on how to get long-term clients as Filipinos

Jul 14 '19 sarah 3030 clicks share

This is not a job posting. To those who can't get a client:

I just had my 3rd client. This is my current desk set up. Sa dining table lang kasi di na kasya ang 3 laptops sa computer table ko and since tag ulan naman na di na gumagamit ng aircon sa gabi. Experience shared on how to get long-term clients as Filipinos What clients I have now:

3 FULL TIME JOBS | 1 fixed hours and 2 flexi hours each basta mabuo ko ang 40 hrs a week.

Many have been posting here to not accept $3 - $5/hr jobs. I did not listen. I always believe I need to work my way up. I need to earn my rates. I am not here to just simply demand on things that I can deliver although I know I deserve more. I treat my clients as family (families don’t get along well all the time).

I did not ask for higher rates when I started.

1 client is paying me $1K flat rate/month (9 months ko na sya ka work)

2nd client is paying $5/hr (40 hrs/week) | I got ZERO EXPERIENCE (mag 3 months na ako sa kanya)

3rd client is paying $8/hr (40 hrs/week) | ZERO EXPERIENCE (1st week -- so far so good)

All long term engagements. 2 of them, I am already a direct hire.

THIS IS MY TOP PRIORITY. I DON’T ACCEPT JOBS THAT ARE SHORT TERM. LONGEVITY MATTERS. Ayaw ko kasi mawalan ng client every 3 months.

Right now, I’m at the phase of building my skills and bank on volume. Maybe 6 months from now, I’d be able to increase my rate and reduce to 2 clients.

To all newbies, I suggest, when sending a proposal - tailor your content to what the job is looking for.

ACE YOUR INTERVIEWS. I just can’t emphasize more enough to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.

ANTICIPATE what the questions will be in regards to the job that you are applying for.

RESEARCH - may it be the company of the client, the background of the owner and best possible answers to interview questions.

Record your mock interviews and listen/watch it. If you cringe badly, then it is not good enough.

As Filipinos, meron tayong tendencies to beat around the bush. DON’T DO THIS. answer the questions directly and follow up with possible solutions if it was gearing towards the negative side.

If you need help how to start or any advice, leave comments below. DONT WORRY IT’S FREE.

I CAN GIVE YOU TIPS SIGURO ON HOW TO INTERVIEW, HOW YOUR PROFILE IMPACTS THE SCREENING. I’M A HIRING MANAGER FOR US COMPANIES WITH ONE OF MY CLIENTS AND I’D LIKE TO EXTEND A VIRTUAL HELP TO NEWBIES WHO ARE STRUGGLING.

1 Replies

It's really useful. Thank you for providing such detailed advice.😁