Should I run a marketing agency? Need your opinion

Dec 18 '19 Nojas 2406 clicks ask

Hi, just crowdsourcing for feedback. Actually, I'm anxious about taking my online career to a higher level.

I've been doing SEO for almost five years. Half of that I spent under agencies owned by hardcore SEO experts, working on huge projects like local optimization (three years ago, before it became a known rank factor) for Hooters Hotel and Pawn Plaza websites.

I'm about to start my internet marketing agency, with a special focus on SEO. Packages will be at wholesale price because I'm planning to affiliate with closers from different locations.

Do you think it's a good idea? I'm having second thoughts because a former boss who's an SEO consultant for Google is offering me my old job back... And it pays really good. 😭

Opinions, please?

8 Replies

Go for it! Then hire us.😁

Whatever you choose, best of luck ❤️ follow your heart and inspire others 🙏

But seriously, it depends on what you really want. Money can be earned anywhere these days. Do whatever makes you feel happy. But whichever you will not be a step back but a step forward to your career. but after you choose one over the other don't dwell on regrets and the what ifs (most of us do). It's part of the process of learning more about the business and about yourself.

If you have done the math and still think that the offer of your boss pays really good, then you should probably go that direction.

I don't know anything about running a business. But I guess starting any kind of business is always a risk. You can only do so much to prepare yourself. What matters is whatever happens in the process, you just keep going. There will be times you'll stop and ask yourself, what am I doing? Maybe because it's something new so self-doubts start to arise.

You can always get your old job back as it's a safe option. Or you can take a huge risk and do your own thing. If I have your tenure and contacts, I'll risk it and see how far I can take it. I'll try to start something new. I'll try to see the other things that I can change for the better. I'll be picky on the people I'm going to work with. Then again, that's just me. I know that would make me happy. To have my own thing. To do my own thing. To try and change things. I know it all sounds glorious but it still is a huge risk.

So choose, be safe or risk it and see where it goes. Good luck :)

why not do both?

It depends. My POV go with your old boss. That's additional experience and budget 😉 if ever you start on your own. 😘

Do both po..and hire newbies that u can teach..and pray for guidance..