Needing your advise! I work as a General VA for 4 years

Feb 18 '23 lebsack430 1399 clicks ask

Needing your advise!

I work as a General VA for 4 years. Doing tasks from procurement to fulfillment, customer service with phone calls , pati na din Invoicing sa supplier. As in lahat ako na. Feeling ko tlaga kulang ang $6 per hour. Wag nyo ko i judge please di po ako demanding. Gusto ko man mag demand ng increase pero di ko alam kung paano. Di po kc ako graduate, 1st year college lang ako, kaya di din ako confident 🥺

Walang bonus, walang paid leave. Pumapasok ako everyday dahil kailangan ko ng funds. Di ki afford umabsent.

8 Replies

In my opinion, negotiate for a raise then if not approved, get a 2nd client then charge a higher rate like $15/hr same skillset & tasks, maybe add 1 service.. Then decide if i.let go or hindi si 1st client.

Siguro normal lang na humingi ng raise every year. Or every 6 months. Ang approval ay depends na rin sa performance or revenue ng Business. All around VA siguro $10 per hour di na sila lugi dun.

Ask for a raise if 4 years ka na with the same client, dapat at least annually increase... try to be brave kasi if lagpas 1 year ka na sana naman may pakonswelo yung client mo...

Graduate or not if you know the ins and out of what you do d naman ganun kaselan ang mga kano sa schooling o natapos mo.. as long as you are getting the job done on a timely manner and maayos trabaho mo goods yan.. if u think u worth more with the things u are doing go for it...

Mg draft ka ng mga job description mo, highlight mo mga nagawa mo for the company..esp kung tumaas sales nila or nakatipid sila dhil s bright idea mo.. Kung meron gnung effect.. Tpos hindi dpat masyadong strong pero kind of persuasive n words pra mabudol na mapa oo s increase si client.and lastly mgpray.. Na igrant ni Lord na hipuin ang puso ng client mo na increasan ka... If need help.. Pm me ur draft.. I'll try my best to help you compose the letter..though we hope for the best but expect less ksi aun nga indv contractor tyo.. Wlng benefits so nasa sayo yan pano ka makipag nego.. And you know ur capabilities so name ur price in a good way... At ngapala.. Ur doing a great job.

You are a Rockstar! You are worthy. Ask them professionally, site you contributions and the benefits that they are getting. You don't have to be afraid. If you are, apply first and then once you got a better opportunity, ask for a raise.

Do your research: Before asking for a salary negotiation, research industry standards and salaries for similar positions to determine a fair rate of pay. This will help you provide evidence to support your request for a salary increase.

Schedule a meeting: Ask your client for a meeting to discuss your compensation. This could be done via email or during a scheduled call.

Highlight your contributions: During the meeting, highlight your achievements and contributions to the business. You can bring up specific examples of tasks you have completed, such as streamlining processes or handling complex customer service issues.

Be specific: When requesting a salary increase, be specific with the amount you are requesting. Based on your research, you can propose a specific amount that you feel is fair.

Be open to negotiation: Be prepared to negotiate and have an open mind. Your client may not be able to offer the amount you are requesting, but they may be willing to negotiate a compromise.

Remain professional: Throughout the conversation, remain professional and respectful. Be clear and concise in your communication, and try to avoid becoming emotional.

Remember, asking for a salary increase is a normal part of career growth, so don't be afraid to speak up for what you believe you are worth. Good luck!

hndi rin ako degree holder, that's what makes freelancing great kasi most clients dont look for your educational attainment but skills — as long as you know you have the skills, try to study how to negotiate with clients for increase. In case na hindi sila mag agree, you can try to look for a second client with the same tasks but this time increase your rate sa interview palang. Aja!