How to handle this situation? Needs your help!

Jan 07 '20 Ornido 2561 clicks ask

NEED HELP guys!

Scenario: We are 3 agents working under a "kapwa Pinoy (male)" who has a client based in California. Now, the only person who has contact with that client is him because he refuses to give us the client's details or contact info.

Normally, for a week of work, we are getting paid every Thursday the following week. But then, the last 2 weeks of work we rendered before 2019 ended (Dec 02-06, 09-13) was not yet paid until now.

We always do follow up on the payment, but his answer is always "No update yet from the client."

Question: Tama po ba yung mindset ko na dapat si kapwa pinoy dapat ang responsible for our payment tutal sya ang naghire samin at hindi naman kami direct sa client?

If yes, ano pong pwedeng gawin sa ganitong case? Kasi ayaw nya rin kami bayaran dahil pati sya ay hindi pa rin daw binabayaran ni client.

May kaso po bang pwedeng i-file dito kay kapwa pinoy for not paying us?

Thank you so much po sa makakatulong. God bless us all.

6 Replies

for me, dapat responsible niya kayo. since he was the one who hired you.

Look for another job while you still have your current job. I only work directly with the client and not through a manager. You will probably get paid higher than what you are getting paid now.

If walang contract unfortunately charged to experience po.

Actually yes dapat sya magbayad sa inyo nangyari na yan sakin before kung merun ka evidence about the payment e di pa blotter mo ahaha pakitaan mo na rereklamo mo sya di nyo naman alam if bayad na sta diba?

We both have the same experience when I started working from home. My suggestion is to bail out and charge to experience na lang. You already have the experience in working freelance. Use it to your own advantage. Try looking for work sa same platforms ng OLJ, Upwork, MOD. Direct ka na sa client and no more middle man.

Sa first pa lang dapat ngset na nang expectations or agreement about that. If he told you from the beginning that if a client pays, then you get paid or regardless nagbayad ba ang client or wala, may pay pa rin kayo based sa hours niyo.. Pero if walang agreement na ganyan, mahirap talaga, no choice but to wait. Charge to experience talaga. Next time if you get clients, ask questions talaga, dont be shy esp sa payment part. Be direct, detailed, and transparent.