Here are things I wish 51Talk will change

Jan 04 '20 Harry 3274 clicks review

Here are things I wish 51Talk will change:

1 - Insane/inhumane deductions

If only area 51 can offer stability and security then I will love 51talk totally. For example I wish they would lighten up with cancellation of classes. If only teachers can cancel a class at least 2 days in advance w/o worrying about deductions and written warnings. God knows they have a lot standby teachers because they hire everyday. If they would be as considerate/understanding as before like way back in 2014 when power and internet outages, and health related concerns were considered then it would be lovely to work for them. Don’t get me wrong I bought a generator for my backup. But if the power outage happens a minute b4 the class starts and it takes 5 minutes for everything to boot up then u will be tagged absent still even if you are able to get a screenshot that you conducted the class. (I know 51 DEFENDERS will say just buy UPS.)

2 - 16 Classes a day during weekdays(So I don't have to work like a horse on weekends).

If only area 51 could offer at least 16 students a day for ALL teachers. It seems like only the ones close to management are the lucky ones who can get fully booked with an 8 hour shift during weekdays. Let's stop the reasoning about getting regulars because I have lots of them. But they want to book a certain time that is convenient for them. And not every regular will have the time to book a class everyday. Lots of my regulars would complain I can't book your class on the time they want. 😇 In my opinion booking system is rigged by the management.

======

Here are some of the reasonings I don't want to hear from area 51 defenders tho.

1. "You should get a backup for power and internet like UPS, generator and a second DSL LINE or LTE device." - For one thing, not everyone can afford to buy a generator and its not worth the money if you can't even get 16 classes a day. Second, a UPS only lasts a few minutes before it runs out of juice. Third, a second DSL line is an extra cost and again its not worth it if you cannot get a stable 16 booked classes a day.

2. "But teacher, you should be appealing, lively and entertaining to your students. Do you your best and give them more than your 100% so you can get regulars!" - While this may sound inspiring and partly true, but it isn't so all the time. I believe I am able to do my best(or even better than other teachers when it comes to grammar). I believe I give a balance in being fun and engaging while making the students learn. The problem is, these regulars want a certain time that is convenient to book classes. How can they book your class if another student already booked the same time they want? Second, how can you get booked if booking system is rigged? Ofcourse I won't have proof of this but considering many teachers have lesser booked classes while others have 20-30 booked classes a day sounds fishy. To me that is proof enough that system is rigged.

3. "Teacher if you get a new student, do your best to take them away from their teachers so they will be included in your pool of regular students." - LoL. Again how can teachers do that if booking is rigged or favored by management? Or how can we get regulars if there is already a surplus of teachers waiting to get booked? Even I have a hard time getting booked 16 classes a day on weekdays. What more with the newbies? Well, sometimes newbies get all the students because they have lower pay. LoL 😈

4. "Nega ka lang masyado teacha." - Not really. I am just saying it based on experience and nothing more. 😇

1 Replies