Giving up lower payment job to accept the new one?

Dec 13 '19 Dullana 2490 clicks ask

Hey, guys! Need your advice. I currently have an offer for Copywriting and Graphic Design at $15/hour at 15 hours a week. Thing is, I have a regular 30 hours/week since June at $6/hour. I also have $7/hour for 15 hours a week and another $9/hour for 7 hours a week. I have another $15/hour a week right but is likely to end soon as it is just project based.

I am tied at giving up my $6/hour to accept the new offer at $15/hour. I can't proceed with both because they both require writing and design as well. It would be difficult.

What are your thoughts? Do you think that is appropriate to give up the lower paying job just to accept the new one? Also, I'm quite close with this client because she had been very nice to me that I'd feel bad to if I let her go. :(

15 Replies

I think it's really a conflict of schedule. I don't have any upwork clients though but all my clients both full time and part time are flexi and no time trackers :) No stress at all

Ask the new one if manual time is possible. For works that require creativity, I always opt for a fixed rate or manual time input kase artistry and creativity, which I would assume is the main requirement for writing and design, is not properly valued in hours you put in for the work. Plus, if pumayag yung client, you don't need to release any jobs. Ilagay mo lang yung oras mo for the new contract sa dead hours mo.

If hindi pumayag, try mo muna tanungin yung client ng contract na gusto mo i-let-go if kaya nya ba i-raise yung rate kase merong nag offer sa'yo ng mas mataas na rate. They would either match the offer.... Or, you would get the answer that you need to hear.

Hmm accept everything and outsource 😊

Wag magapply at tatanggap ng marami kung full loaded na ang schedule. Irecommend mo sa ibang walang work. Weigh mo kung ano yung long term job yun ang kunin mo.

$6/hr is too low. Merun akong client since May na $3/hr ang rate ko, prod listing & research ang trabaho. Hindi ko malet go nuon kasi close ko and siya ang pinaka mabait but when I started receiving better offers, I finally decided to resign from him last week. Hindi na kasi worth it ang pay.

Try to negotiate for a fixed rate contract instead on your lower-rate contracts.

talk to you $6/hr client that you have received an offer for the $15/hr with the same job, who knows.. your old job may give you a raise.. so di ka na kelangan mag adjust pa for new job :)

Don't put too much food on your plate. Mas marami pang mga offers na darating and hindi mo maaaccomodate lahat yan. So, prioritize and choose the best clients.

im holding 3 different online jobs previously and na feel ko na parang sa pagtatrabaho n lng nauubos ung time ko. kahit na marami kang pera at the end of the week parang feeling mo occupied ka na di ka na makagawa ng iba pang activities. lalo na if you have children naku parang feeling mo nakakonsenxa. keep mo ung client na pang long term then a back up. Sa pananaw ko lng po un.. xempre depende po sa tao.. :-)

Give up the $6/hr, i understand feeling close na kayo, but in the end business is business. Other countries are used to this ,for their employees to leave if there is a better offer. That is more than double the $6/hr. Companies will normally not think twice if they have to cut back . Make a business/career decision not based on emotions.

Perfect client vs higher pay?. Try to think, genuine individuals are no equal to any $$. Why get a high paying job if you're attached in the first place?

maghire ka po ng tao na may experience sa graphic tapos itrain mo para d ka mahirapan.

6 months ka na sa $6/hour mo and let them know you are being tapped by companies with a higher rate. Para aware sila sa value mo sa market. Since you want to grow sa company you can ask for a raise. Walang mawawala. 🙂 If di approved, I’ll choose the $15/hr and hopefully mag grow yung 15 hrs.

We are doing freelancing or doing home-based to lessen our work hours. 🙂

Outsource it if it's too much in your plate na. Make sure na reliable ang taong mg.tatrabaho pra sayo. 👍