My recent travel to Australia, sponsored by my Upwork client

Dec 23 '19 Sumulong 2236 clicks share

My first post in JobOceans and I hope to inspire you with my working experience.

These are snaps from my recent travel to Australia, sponsored by my Upwork client.

My recent travel to Australia sponsored by my Upwork client

I share a similar story to a lot of women here. Left the corporate world for an uncertain homebased job, so I can witness all milestones of my first born — was not an easy decision specially when you are up for promotion after years of hard work in your corpo life.

I don’t have technical/ creative specializations so I can only bid for average paying VA/ admin roles. So when I got this job, I made sure to give my 101% and always went the extra mile.

Wasn’t long enough until I start using hashtag #ilovemyjob 😂 Not only did it show me some career direction, I’m also working with smart & cool people, humble and very millennial like me 🤪

I got a pay raise without demanding for it, last year they surprised me with a christmas card with office merch, and they have always included me in team meetings, asked for my opinion when making team decisions, etc. There was never a day that I felt unappreciated.

And 2 years later, I’m in Sydney, working in their office, face to face meetings, and almost every other night drinking with the team. I don’t wanna get my hopes up but they told me “we should fly you here every year” 🥰🥰🥰 It was surreal and I will never forget the experience!

To add: I’m flying to Vietnam this Christmas for another work trip, its not a holiday and pure work, but duh? Free travel 😛

I freaking love my job and my team, although I still miss having an active social life 😂

Ps: Anyone wants to hangout next year? Inom tayo, miss ko na mag ka officemate eh 😂

Some advice that might work for you: 🌟 You will always be remembered by having strong work ethics. Remote work gives you too much freedom and flexibility, return it with discipline and commitment. 🌟 Always go the extra mile, doesn’t matter if its not your job to do something, or if its not highly compensated, just do it. Your clients wont know your strengths and what else your capable of if you don’t show it. 🌟 Keep the faith, but do your part. 🌟 Lastly, when thinking about work, don’t just think of the time you have available, but also the energy you have to do the job. We tend to accept multiple jobs because we still have “time”, but do we have the energy to make sure we deliver the quality of work you want to be known for?

Merry Christmas!!!!

✨✨✨

2 Replies