Home-based teachers can't get the employment certificate?

Aug 20 '19 Arnie 15918 clicks ask

Enlighten me please people, I talked to my Chinese manager and asked for an employment certificate. She asked her Filipino counterpart to do it however the Filipino counterpart said that they cannot issue one for me? As home-based teachers, don't we have that priviledge?

10 Replies

You should be able to get one. Did they say why they can't give you?

I had the same experienced before and yes they won't give any certificate to the teachers because they are scared that you might use it for other company. Sad reality but true..

It's your right to have one. You literally worked for it.

We have a CoE in Rarejob. They even provide an ITR. Just one click away, they will send it via email within 2-3 days. We can also pick it up in the office in QC. CoE and ITR make my visa applications easy.

Same here PHB are considered individual contrsctors self-employed in simple word.

Check your SA. If it specifically says that you are an independent service provider, there is no employer - employee relationship, they can provide with Certificate of Teaching but not Certificate of Employment, in as far as they are concerned, you're not employed.

@Bryan hhhmmm I think it depends on what's written on the certificate. If it says you are employed as independent contractor then i think its clear enough. Pero kung nakalagay dun directly employed at hindi stated na independent contractor ka, i think may problema yung companya kasi u can use it to claim for regularization? samin its not certificate of employment but certificate of service.

It's your right, too. The company where I work at gives COE.

Maybe not certificate of employment but contractor agreement.

When you say employment certificate, it means the company is giving you regular pay and benefits, that is why some companies do not want to give one. There should be an employer-employee relations.

In contractor agreement, it means that there is no employee-employer relations and employment can be terminated anytime.

Ask na lang what they can give in lieu of employment certificate.

In the other company I work with, I also asked for some sort of contract (not employment certificate) for my visa application..

Dear, they should give you one..