Resigned from my previous job and I need some encouragement now

Jul 19 '19 Lauren 2800 clicks share

Good Day Everyone! Just want to share lang po, I've been planning to work as a Online Teacher since last year, that's why I decided to invest for equipments necessarily for this job, and I'm planning to apply starting next week.

I just recently resigned from my previous job as an Office staff, I worked in corporate world for almost 4 years na, but instead i-encourage ako ng family ko to pursue my dreams, puro mga hurtful words yung mga narinig ko like 'Uto-uto ka, hindi totoo yang mga online2x na yan' worst is sinabihan pa akong 'bobo', those are words from my mother mismo, nakaka stress lang ng dahil talagang wala akong nakukuhang words of encouragement even from my own family na puro mga close minded, stressful pero mas naging eager akong makapag work as an ESL teacher to prove them wrong.

Sorry about the long post, I just needed a words of encouragement right now.

6 Replies

online jobs are real. marami na nagwowork online. isa na ako dun. i am an esl teacher for almost two years now..so far ok naman

Do what you love. Hayaan mo nlng cla mag salita sayo ng kng ano. Ikaw mismo mag pursue ng gusto mo, without telling them what your plan, tell them kpag successful kna..

Same reaction here though not hurtful words more like ramdam mo dissapproval but once my salary came in...I'm not hearing anything😎My life, my career, my diskarte😆You know where you are good at pursue and grow that!

It's a natural raw reaction from your family members because telecommuting for them is still new and not the norm. They are just thinking of other benefits you're giving up on your regular day or night shift job. This is a make or break for you and it's starting from the ground again. At the end of the day, your family members are just showing their concern for your welfare. Now, it's really up to you to prove otherwise. Having the right skill set and tools to use in applying for online and remote jobs will be a very good start. I pray that you flourish in your new found career to do. God bless you on this new journey!

They are your blood ties until your last breath. Just forgive them and, love them even more. Later on, they'll realize that, you have made the right decision and, they will respect you for that

. Trust God to touch their hearts. Have faith. Go on. Follow your heart :-)

Hi, juvy! I felt sorry for the words that you received from your own family, but ganun pa man baka hindi lang sila aware sa mga benefits ng pagiging homebased worker.

Anyway, 8 years din po ako sa corporate world. Tapos 6 years na plain house wife when I had my first baby, that time I felt useless kasi hindi ako mka provide sa baby ko Coz I'm not earning. Pakiramdam ko nga na depress ako eh but when I discovered work from home, no second thought nag apply ako agad, now I'm working as a English Tutor. 😊

And I'm thankful to have this job kasi hindi ko lang nasusuportahan yung needs ng mga baby ko but I also helping my partner in all our bills pati fam ko. Take note, na gagawa ko yan lahat ng nasa bahay lang! 😁

So, if you want to start working from home. Go ahead! Just give it a try. Later on, your family will realize that they are wrong. Pero wag ka mag tanim ng sama ng loob kasi hindi pa lang nila alam yung freelancing.